Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- Police are appealing for witnesses after a man allegedly assaulted and threatened a woman with a young child in Weymouth
- BOSSES at a holiday group, which has hotels in Weymouth, have said they are “delighted” as the firm enjoys a boost in turnover in 2023.
- THREE homes have been approved on the site of a shop unit and land to its rear in Dorchester Road, Broadwey.
- WEYMOUTH manager Bobby Wilkinson made no excuses for the Terras’ exit in the Isuzu FA Trophy to Hendon.
- These fascinating pictures show the changing face of North Quay in Weymouth ahead of the demolition of the former council offices
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content