Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
December 2021/January 2022 Issue 528 THIS MONTH Test your knowledge with our puzzle page! Putton and Podington’s past, with historic photo of Putton Farm Could you become Chickerell’s new town co…
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- NEW Weymouth manager David Oldfield described the Terras’ 1-1 draw at Boreham Wood as a “big result”.
- How very sad it was for me to read the recent news that Redlands Sports Hub facilities will be closed down as from July 2022.
- The remarks by Chris Loder, MP, are the latest in many querying the future of rail services in Dorset, South Somerset and Devon.
- A CYCLIST from Weymouth who suffered severe brain injury in an accident with a car has now launched a High Court claim for more than £200,000 against the driver.
- Wessex Morris Men got on their toes to raise bags of cash to help children.
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content