Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- BALTI Sports’ manager Marco Nott joked his side are on their “Z game” ahead of a home clash with Hamworthy United Reserves today (3pm).
- A NEW multi-million retail park at Gateway has been approved by councillors after 18 months of debate.
- A WEYMOUTH campsite has been crowned the winner of a popular TV show which has been exploring the best holiday spots the Jurassic Coast has to offer throughout the past week.
- THE most and least deprived neighbourhoods in Dorset have been revealed as part of a study.
- CASES across Dorset for Covid-19 seem to be remaining steady according to the latest data.
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content