Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
September 2021 Issue 525 THIS MONTH It’s the Village Show! Victory Hall dance, tap and ballet, whist & Bingo back Plus Portesham WI invite Chelwood Gate in the old days August Butterflies in …
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- BALTI Sports’ boss Marco Nott recognised the attributes of Westland Sports ahead of their trip to Alvington in the Jewson Dorset Premier League tomorrow (3pm).
- WEYMOUTH & Portland won the Ridgeway Rumble 17-12, upsetting higher-league Dorchester at their Surcouf Park home.
- WEYMOUTH roads have turned into a lawless state.
- IN regards to the Dorset Echo’s cover story on Monday, September 13, regarding the council’s seafront master plan, maybe the council could consider working on the King Street junction with the seafront.
- BRIAN Stock believes Weymouth are a “different enemy” compared to last season as they prepare to host Dover Athletic in front of the BT Sport cameras tomorrow (5.20pm).
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content