Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- A MAN has been ordered to pay more than £500 in costs after he was caught driving a vehicle without a licence and insurance on a busy route in Dorset.
- DELIGHTED Weymouth manager Brian Stock praised his squad after beating Aldershot Town 2-0 away and said: “We imposed our game on them”.
- A FUNDRAISING variety show to raise cash for local community groups and good causes has been given the green light to return this year after it was cancelled last year due to the pandemic.
- CONSTRUCTION on a new KFC branch in Weymouth town centre has begun – and it could be open by Christmas.
- A ‘HIGH risk’ sex offender has been jailed for three years after he continued to meet children following his release from prison – including eating lunch with a 14-year-old boy at a Weymouth park.
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content