Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- WEYMOUTH & Portland were undone in the final minutes of their Counties One Tribute Southern South clash with Sherborne, losing 26-20 at Monmouth Avenue.
- BALTI Sports’ troubles in cup competitions continued with a 5-1 reverse at home to reigning Dorset Premier League Cup champions Sturminster Newton United.
- EZIO Touray is “on fire” and loving life at Weymouth following five goals in his first three games.
- Weymouth youngster Bella-Jay Dark has been added to the next edition of the Guinness Book of World Records
- A woman has raised over £1,000 for a new community defibrillator at a garden centre where her husband suffered a fatal heart attack
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content