Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
September 2021 Issue 525 THIS MONTH It’s the Village Show! Victory Hall dance, tap and ballet, whist & Bingo back Plus Portesham WI invite Chelwood Gate in the old days August Butterflies in …
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- A ROAD shut is set to be closed until the end of the week as engineers carry out emergency repairs to fix a gas leak.
- The A354 is currently partially blocked due to a collision at A353 Jurassic Roundabout on Wednesday afternoon (September 22)
- CORDONS and barriers are in place of a road closure on a busy route as engineers carry out emergency repairs to fix a gas leak.
- A ROAD has been closed in both directions for emergency repairs due to a 'high risk gas leak'.
- A MOTORCYCLIST was airlifted to hospital following a serious crash which led to a key route being closed for nearly four hours.
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content