Welcome to Chickerell
Chickerell is a parish within West Dorset on the south coast of England. Although rapid growth in the past 20 years has seen it become a town, the heart of the community is still very much that of a village. To the west of it is the Fleet lagoon which is protected from the English Channel by Chesil Beach. This is also the setting for the famous book Moonfleet by J. M. Falkner. To the north-west is Portesham, to the east Weymouth, and to the south the Isle of Portland. This area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
Chickerell ‘Contact’ magazine
Latest news from Dorset Echo
- STAFF and volunteers working at Dorset's Covid-19 vaccination clinics will be able to park for free.
- WEYMOUTH has just experienced its driest November since records began, according to a local weather expert.
- A Christmas Coffee Morning is being held in Weymouth in aid of local charities.
- This charming old photo shows a much less developed Weymouth in 1959.
- I am writing to ask if our local community can please take greater care when it comes to the wearing of face coverings this winter.
This website is currently being redeveloped
Please contact us if you would like to contribute to the content